: Guimarães, Portugal
: 27 a 29 Março 2019
Call for Papers and Proposals for Special Sessions
Open until: May 15, 2018
The IABSE Symposium Guimarães 2019 will be held on March 27-29, 2019, in Guimarães, Portugal.
The Objectives of this Conference are to:
- Place the topic of Sustainability of the Built Environment in an International Discussion Forum
- Offer a worldwide discussion in risk assessment and infrastructure asset management with
a share of knowledge from different stakeholders
- Discuss Performance and Costs of built environment assets, with a focus on ‘Zero Maintenance’
- Provide the adaptation of Young Engineers to the topics of Risk, Construction, Quality, Resilience
Call for Papers
Participants wishing to present a paper are invited to submit an abstract by May 15, 2018, relating to the Themes and Topics of the Symposium. The abstract must be submitted using the template available at the online submission platform.
Themes and Topics:
- Novel Management Tools for the Built Environment
- Lifecycle Quality Control of New and Existing Infrastructures
- Advanced Frameworks for a Sustainable Built Environment
- Risk Analysis Procedures, from Theory to Practice
- Future Trends in Structural Engineering
Call for Proposals for Special Sessions
The Scientific Committee also calls for proposals for ‘Special Sessions’.
The theme of a Special Session should be in alignment with the themes and topics of the Symposium. However, Special Session Proposals with significant contribution to the objectives of IABSE will be considered. If approved, the session objective text will be made available in the Guimarães IABSE Symposium website.
After approval of the Special Session Proposal, the session organiser(s) must send a list with a minimum of 6 papers with its corresponding titles and author(s), to email@example.com until the May 15, 2018.
Session organiser(s) will be provided with a certificate attesting the organisation of the Special Session. Read the rules for Special Session Proposals here.
More information: www.iabse.org/guimaraes2019